Monday, December 7, 2009

Kitchenette

I have a small kitchen.

It's so small, in fact, that it houses a fridge and a stove so tiny that I thought it was custom-made for little people. Also, my kitchen is laid out oddly. Imagine the letter T where the stove and the sink is laid out along the vertical side; the fridge and a small countertop is laid out horizontally. The stove and sink area is so narrow that if my husband Kevin is washing dishes, I can't get past him to get to the stove. And the floorspace along the horizontal side cannot hold more than four people.

Yet somehow I make it work. When I think of all the wonderful dishes that came out of my grandma's even-smaller kitchen, I have to constantly remind myself that big, fancy kitchens are a luxury, not a necessity.

I also have a big appetite.

Simply, I love food. Simple food. Made from ingredients and shortcuts that most people commonly use. Accessibility is the key to success in my kitchen. Kevin and I work 9-5, Monday through Friday just like everyone else. Coming home from work tired and unmotivated to do anything else besides watch TV and hop on Facebook, my hope is to use this blog as a means of motivation and inspiration to create wholesome dishes that are quick and easy to make.

I don't always make the most nutritious meals. But it always tastes good.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... I love food too! Looking forward to hearing about your kitchen adventures :)

    ReplyDelete